My art qualifications and professional artwork experience are as follows:
Fine Art (painting) at Hammersmith College of Art from 1968 -1972 (London Certificate of Art and Design (Fine Art)
Art Teacher's Diploma Liverpool (then Polytechnic) 1973-74
For the next few years I taught painting part-time at two art schools, Chester and (the then) Wrexham Colleges of Art.
I then went on to teach painting in adult education and later I became Community Artist at the Kaleidoscope Youth and Community Project in KIngston Upon Thames.
Since then I have had a varied career in social and community work and social research but have continued to paint throughout.
1. Pascal Candle painted on request for St. Mary Magdalene, Blaenau Ffestiniog.
2. Pascal Candle decorated for St John Roberts Catholic Church, Gellilydan.
3. Paschal Candle in place in the church - This project to decorate the candle was given to me by friends who wanted to gift the Candle to St Margaret Clitherow Church in the Yorkshire Dales. 2017.
4. Detail of Margaret Clitherow Painted onto a Paschal Candle for St Margaret Clitherow Church in Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales.
5. Mary and Jesus painted circa 1980 for John Bunyan Baptist Church, Kingston Upon Thames. The Kaleidoscope Project.
6. Madonna and Child Painted 2014 (painted on handmade paper made by Julie Reichhert). The paper was made from old Christening Gowns from Myfanwy's family and linen brought out of Vienna by Julie's father when he escaped during WWII.
7. Mother Mary and Child Jesus 2013.
8. Paschal Candle Our Lady of Seven Sorrows 2019.
Dr Myfanwy Franks DPhil (York)